Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Another day, same life :)

Hey All,

blue cat sleeping

Its thursday and i'm at home. Got a demo later for the guys at austin, using webex... demo on some infrastructure stuff. I woke a tad earlier than what i intended to be, been accustomed to waking up early due to the 6am - 2pm schedule (morning shift) that I'm in, problem is I'm supposed to come in at 2pm instead to make up for the time difference in austin (demo will probably be later in the evening as they said.. mostly gonna stretch till midnight.. but im hoping it wont). Anyway, I got a bit of an inspiration.. probably since im not used to staring at the walls of my room this early for some time now (ive been in the morning shift for about 4 months now). Its a bit of a relieve knowing my shift will soon be 2pm to 10pm by Dec.20. So here i am writing on my blog. Actually i usually write my blogs in multiply.com (emilski.multiply.com) but i decided i should might as well write here, well everyone else are...

The year is almost ending and as i ate my breakfast a while ago i came to recall the events that passed by in my life. Got some reflections on things as well as realizations as well. Damn, im not growin younger, as i got out to look outside i saw the familiar scenes and I began to think of alot of things. As i peered out and looked around me, i dawned on me time has changed the way i look at things. I recalled the times i was still in my grade school and high school and rejoice at the thought of saturday or whenever there would be no classes. I would go out and be with my friends, playing and havin fun. Its funny actually, how the thoughts that run through my mind were alot different from what i had back then. I began take long breathes and the smell ofy the cold morning air quickly reminded me of those worry-free times.

Well, cutting short the seemingly "Blast from the past" stuff, i align my thoughts on what will i be doing for the rest of the day. Later in the office, we'll be having our revelation day for the xmas kris kringle. Im a bit curious who could be my gift-giver. The past weeks i was supposed to get gifts but all i remember was four mentos candies (rolls) , put off as a gift for the then theme "something for emergency". I guess whoever got my me, is either too bz (probably a manager or one of the team leads) or a uninterested fella who might as well not be getting his/her gifts as well.. hehe.

Im quite thankful that the morning shift will soon be over and this early morning wakeup call will soon be over. Im quite accustomed to working in the evening, being a nocturnal type and all, id probably be sleeping more the next months. The increment is likewise ending and im thankful that i was able to create a working prototype for the test harness, i handle the design and creation of the test automation scripts for running unit tests, performance tests, code coverage, regression for the whole development. I think the increment 5 would be a much harder time for me, since id be continuously working on the test rigs (implementation of the test procedures will be by then) as well as a new assignment on the Avalon GUI test framework. Im a bit of a beginner on avalon stuff and need alot of work with the task, but im thankful that this avalon stuff is also my thesis for my masters.. so im hitting two birds with one stone. :)

Christmas time is almost here, and i havent done any shopping, honestly im not sure if my purchasing power will be able to meet the annual gift list. Still, i am hopping for the hopeless :).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home